We offer an exclusive line of refurbished phones that are sourced from genuine, trusted suppliers.
What is a refurbished phone?
Refurbished devices are second-hand devices that have gone through our automated and manual 72-point testing. We ensure all Cellect Mobile devices run smoothly with no faults. All data is wiped and we give you a complimentary 6-month warranty on all purchases. The main difference? Refurbished devices are easier on your bank account and better for the planet.
We offer different grades of devices, based only on their cosmetic condition.
Every device will function perfectly.
Our devices are graded by a team of technicians at an average viewing distance of 50 centimetres in regular lighting conditions.
- Pristine Condition: Like a new device in pristine cosmetic appearance almost free from marks and scratches but may rarely have a micro mark.
- Excellent Condition: Cosmetically almost new in appearance may have micro marks or scratches difficult to see from a normal viewing distance.
- Good condition: Moderate signs of wear with light scratches on the housing or screen.
- Average Condition: Best value for money, a budget device with obvious signs of use, may display heavier marks, scratches, dents.
Refurbished devices mostly come from suppliers who specialise in recycling pre-loved devices. This does mean the stock is limited and there is little visibility on when or if a specific model will be back in stock.
All our refurbished phones come network unlocked, ready for a SIM from any GSM network worldwide.
How does it differ from a new phone?
Depending on the condition you choose, you may see some signs of wear and use. The main differences are the price.
They come in a Cellect-branded box and includes:
- Your device of choice
- A charging cable
- A wall plug
- A SIM key
- A free sim card (you don’t need to use this)
To save on unnecessary packaging, refurbished phones do not come with any other accessories such as a user manual or headphones etc.
You’ll still receive what you need from the device:
- A full tested, unlocked and wiped device
- 6-month warranty
- Unlocked to any network
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
How do you test used devices?
When we receive a device, our technicians evaluate and grade every device. Devices are graded by the amount of wear (scratches, dents), the quality of the LCD and overall cosmetic condition of the device.
The devices are then tested using an automated software system that allows us to test every component of the device –
- All buttons
- Microphones and speakers
- Headphone jack
- Front camera (photo and video)
- Earpiece audio is not distorted
- Ring/Silent switch works
- Accesses Wi-Fi
- Connects to a cellular network
- Serial Number is clear for activation
- Rear camera captures beautiful imagery
- Autofocuses as expected
- Video recording is smooth
- LED flash is consistent
- GPS will work
- The device is not blacklisted
- Device is cleaned thoroughly
- SIM card tray
- Touchscreen functions perfectly
- Glass is free of damage
- No dead pixels
- Makes calls
- Connects to data
- Microphone records clear sound
- Voice commands work
- Device charges normally
- Device passes data via USB
- Battery levels must pass our threshold
- And much more